|All Publications||Group Meeting Schedule|
471. From Nitrogen to Ammonia at Ambient Conditions in Water Using Light and Biomimetic FeMoS-Chalcogels, A. Banerjee, B. D. Yuhas, E. A. Margulies, Y. Shim, M. R. Wasielewski, and M. G. Kanatzidis, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 137, 2030-2034 (2015). DOI: 10.1021/ja512491v.
470. Pentacene appended to a TEMPO Stable Free Radical: The Effect of Magnetic−Exchange Coupling on Photoexcited Pentacene, E. T. Chernick, R. Casillas, J. Zirzlmeier, D. M. Gardner, M. Gruber, H. Kropp, K. Meyer, M. R. Wasielewski, D. M. Guldi, R. R. Tykwinski, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 137, 857-863 (2015). DOI: 10.1021/ja510958k.
469. Molecular Excited States: Accurate Calculation of Relative Energies and Electronic Coupling Between Charge Transfer and Non-Charge Transfer States, B. S. Veldkamp, X. Liu, M. R. Wasielewski, J. E. Subotnik, and M. A. Ratner, J. Phys. Chem. A 119, 253-262 (2015). DOI: 10.1021/jp508337x.
468. Long-lived Charge Carrier Generation in Ordered Films of a Covalent Perylenediimide-Diketopyrrolopyrrole-Perylenediimide Molecule, P. E. Hartnett, S. M. Dyar, E. A. Margulies, L. E. Shoer, A. W. Cook, S. W. Eaton, T. J. Marks, and M. R. Wasielewski, Chem. Sci.6, 402-411 (2015). DOI: 10.1039/C4SC02551B.
467. The Effect of Mg2+ Cations on the Dynamics and Efficiency of Hole Transport in DNA, A. Thazhathveetil, A. Trifonov, M. R. Wasielewski, and F. D. Lewis, J. Phys. Chem. A 118, 10359-10363 (2014). DOI: 10.1021/jp502974s.
466. Excitation Energy Transfer within Covalent Tetrahedral Perylenediimide Tetramers and their Intermolecular Aggregates, C. Ramanan, C. H. Kim, T. J. Marks, and M. R. Wasielewski, J. Phys. Chem. C 118, 16941-16950 (2014). DOI: 10.1021/jp500475c.
465. Self-Assembling Hydrogel Scaffolds for Photocatalytic Hydrogen Production, A. S. Weingarten, R. V. Kazantsev, L. C. Palmer, M. McClendon, A. R. Koltonow, A. P. S. Samuel, D. J. Kiebala, M. R. Wasielewski, and S. I. Stupp, Nature Chem. 6, 964-970 (2014). DOI: 10.1038/nchem.2075.
464. Energy Flow Dynamics within Cofacial and Slip-Stacked Perylene-3,4-dicarboximide Dimer Models of p-Aggregates, R. J. Lindquist, K. M. Lefler, K. E. Brown, S. M. Dyar, D. T. Co, R. M. Young, andM. R. Wasielewski, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136, 14912-14923 (2014). DOI: 10.1021/ja507653p.
Wasielewski named Honda-Fujishima Award winner by JPA Professor Michael Wasielewski has received the 2015 Honda-Fujishima Award of the Japanese Photochemistry Association for his work in photochemical systems for solar energy conversion.
Welcome First Years! Four new graduate students have officially joined the Wasielewski group this fall. They are Joe Christensen, Jenna Logsdon, Jordan Nelson, and Claire Miller. A warm Waz welcome to you all!
Yilei Wu Named a Ryan Fellow at NU Due to his research interests, strong background, and exceptional promise as a scholar, graduate student Yilei Wu has been name Ryan Fellow. The fellowship program provides students from a variety of fields with the education and experience to assume leadership roles in academia and industry in the realm of nano-science and technology. Congrats. Yilei!
The Donor-Acceptor Tradition Continues! In early August, four graduate students (Noah Horwitz, Rita Cook, Patrick Hatnett, and Kristen Brown) two postdocs (Marek Majewski and Vladimir Roznyatovskiy) and two research professors (Yi-Lin Wu and Ryan Young) traveled to Newport, RI, to present their latest research at the Gordon Research Conference and Seminar (GRC and GRS) on Electron Donor-Acceptor Interactions. The team was among twelve current group members and alumni; a record number!
Noah Horwitz Wins Best Student Poster at RMCMR Noah was one of three to win a Best Graduate poster prize at the Rocky Mountain Conference on Magnetic Resonance in the EPR section.
Kristen Brown Wins the 2014 Presidential Fellowship Kristen is awarded Northwestern's Presidential Fellowship as an individuals who combines outstanding intellectual or creative ability with the capacity to play an active part in the life of the Society of Fellows.