|All Publications||Group Meeting Schedule|
429. Photoselective DNA Hairpin Spin Switches, R. Carmieli, A. K. Thazhathveetil, F. D. Lewis, and M. R. Wasielewski, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 135, 10970-10973 (2013).
428. Design, Synthesis, Characterization, and Catalytic Properties of a Large-pore MOF Possessing Single-site Vanadyl(monocatecholate) Moieties, H. G. T. Nguyen, M. H. Weston, A. A. Sarjeant, D. M. Gardner, Z. An, R. Carmieli, M. R. Wasielewski, O. K. Farha, J. T. Hupp, and S. T. Nguyen, Crystal Growth and Design 13, 3528-3534. (2013).
427. Dynamics and Efficiency of Photoinduced Charge Transport in DNA: Toward the Elusive Molecular Wire, F. D. Lewis and M. R. Wasielewski, Pure Appl. Chem. 85, 1379-1387 (2013).
426. Quantum Interferences during Electron Transfer in Photosystem I, N. Renaud, D. Powell, M. Zarea, B. Movaghar, M. R. Wasielewski, and M. A. Ratner, J. Phys. Chem. A 117, 5899-5902 (2013).
425. Electron Spin Polarization Transfer from Photogenerated Spin Correlated Radical Pairs to a Stable Radical Observer Spin, M. T. Colvin, R. Carmieli, T. Miura, S. Richert, D. M. Gardner, A. L. Smeigh, S. M. Dyar, S. M. Conron, M. A. Ratner, and M. R. Wasielewski, J. Phys. Chem. A 117, 5314-5325 (2013).
424. Lasing Action in Strongly Coupled Plasmonic Nanocavity Arrays, W. Zhou, M. Dridi, J. Y. Suh, C. H. Kim, D. T. Co, M. R. Wasielewski, G. C. Schatz, T. W. Odom, Nature Nanotechnology 8, 506-511 (2013).
Sam Eaton selected as a Burwell Summer Scholar Waz Group grad student Sam Eaton, has been selected as a Robert L. Burwell Summer Scholar for 2013. Named for one of NU's most distinguished Physical Chemistry faculty who served in the department for over 40 years. The scholarship recognizes Sam for his excellence in physical chemistry. Congratulations, Sam!
Katie Mauck Receives 2013 NSF Fellowship First year, Katie Mauck, was one of ten Northwestern Chemistry students to win the National Science Foundation's Graduate Fellowship. Congratulations, Katie!
Prof. Wasielewski Receives Humboldt Research Award Professor Michael R. Wasielewski has been named a 2013 recipient of a Humboldt Research Award from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation in Germany. The award is granted in recognition of a researcher's fundamental discoveries, new theories, or insights that have had a significant impact on their own discipline to date and who are expected to continue producing cutting-edge achievements in the future.
Congratulations, Dr. Michael Vagnini! Mike V. successfully defended his thesis on February 20th. We thank him for all of his dedication and hard work for the group, the ANSER Center, and the Department. Without question his good nature and positivity will serve him well in his new career at Dow Chemical. Congrats, Mike!
Professor Wasielewski Wins the 2012 American Chemical Society Arthur C. Cope Scholar Award. Read More...