|All Publications||Group Meeting Schedule|
480. Singlet Exciton Fission in Thin Films of t-Butyl-Substituted Terrylenes, S. W. Eaton, S. A. Miller, E. A. Margulies, L. E. Shoer, R. D. Schaller, and M. R. Wasielewski, J. Phys. Chem. A 119, 4151-4161 (2015). DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpca.5b02719
479. Photo-initiated Multi-step Electron Transfer in Donor-Acceptor Systems using a Novel Bi-functionalized Perylene Chromophore, S. M. Dyar, A. L. Smeigh, S. D. Karlen, R. M. Young, and M. R. Wasielewski, Chem. Phys. Lett. 629, 23-28 (2015). DOI: 10.1016/j.cplett.2015.04.020
478. Electronic Interactions of Michler’s Ketone with DNA Bases in Synthetic Hairpins, A. S. Jalilov, R. M. Young, S. W. Eaton, M. R. Wasielewski, and F. D. Lewis, Photochem. Photobiol. 91, 739-747 (2015). DOI: 10.1111/php.12360
477. An Allosteric Photoredox Catalyst Inspired by Photosynthetic Machinery, A. M. Lifschitz, R. M. Young, J. Mendez-Arroyo, C. L. Stern, C. M. McQuirk, M. R. Wasielewski, and C. A. Mirkin, Nature Comm. 6, 6541 (2015). DOI: 10.1038/ncomms7541
476. Charge Transport Across DNA-based Three-Way Junctions, R. M. Young, A. P. N. Singh, A. K. Thazhathveetil, V. Y. Cho, Y.Zhang, N. Renaud, F. C. Grozema, D. N. Beratan, M. A. Ratner, G. C. Schatz, Y. A. Berlin, F. D. Lewis, and M. R. Wasielewski, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 137, 5113-5122 (2015). DOI: 10.1021/jacs.5b00931
475. Encapsulation of Polyoxometalates with Cyclodextrins, Y. Wu, R. Shi, Y.-L. Wu, J. M. Holcroft, Z. Liu, M. Frasconi, M. R. Wasielewski, H. Li, and J. F. Stoddart, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 137, 4111-4118 (2015). DOI: 10.1021/ja511713c
474. Post-Assembly Atomic Layer Deposition of Ultrathin Metal-Oxide Coatings Enhances the Performance of an Organic Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell by Suppressing Dye Aggregation, H.-J. Son, C. H. Kim, D. W. Kim, N. C. Jeong, C. Prasittichai, L. Luo, J. Wu, O. K. Farha, M. R. Wasielewski, and J. T. Hupp, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 7, 5150-5159 (2015). DOI: 10.1021/am507405b
473. Photoinduced Hole Injection into a Self-assembled p-Extended G-quadruplex, Y.-L. Wu K. E. Brown, D. M. Gardner, S. M. Dyar, and M. R. Wasielewski, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 137, 3981-3990 (2015). DOI: 10.1021/jacs.5b00977
Kristen Brown Wins the 2015 Hoffman Award Kristen has won the 2015 Anna Louise Hoffman Award for Outstanding Graduate Research by IOTA SIGMA PI, a national honor society for women in chemistry. Congratulations Kristen!
Wasielewski named Honda-Fujishima Award winner by JPA Professor Michael Wasielewski has received the 2015 Honda-Fujishima Award of the Japanese Photochemistry Association for his work in photochemical systems for solar energy conversion.
Welcome First Years! Four new graduate students have officially joined the Wasielewski group this fall. They are Joe Christensen, Jenna Logsdon, Jordan Nelson, and Claire Miller. A warm Waz welcome to you all!
Yilei Wu Named a Ryan Fellow at NU Due to his research interests, strong background, and exceptional promise as a scholar, graduate student Yilei Wu has been name Ryan Fellow. The fellowship program provides students from a variety of fields with the education and experience to assume leadership roles in academia and industry in the realm of nano-science and technology. Congrats. Yilei!
The Donor-Acceptor Tradition Continues! In early August, four graduate students (Noah Horwitz, Rita Cook, Patrick Hatnett, and Kristen Brown) two postdocs (Marek Majewski and Vladimir Roznyatovskiy) and two research professors (Yi-Lin Wu and Ryan Young) traveled to Newport, RI, to present their latest research at the Gordon Research Conference and Seminar (GRC and GRS) on Electron Donor-Acceptor Interactions. The team was among twelve current group members and alumni; a record number!
Noah Horwitz Wins Best Student Poster at RMCMR Noah was one of three to win a Best Graduate poster prize at the Rocky Mountain Conference on Magnetic Resonance in the EPR section.